Friday, February 24, 2006

Urban Girl Tip: Tulipiere

I learned something new today! Behold, the Tulipiere! Isn't it fantastic?! I couldn't find an official definition online or in the dictionary...but I think it's pretty much just a vase designed with special holes or fingers for arranging bulb flowers.

Here is a plain white example and here is a more ornate sample with an outrageous price. Whoa, this is an even more ornate and expensive tulipiere. This white and green "lettuce" example is pretty cute. But I personally like the Gump's artichoke tulipiere best and you can't beat the $35 price tag!

PS: Any francophiles out there know how to correctly pronounce "tulipiere?" (It has an accent over the "e" that Blogger refuses to post).


Anonymous said...

HI--tulipiere is pronounced--
too-lee--pee-air with the accents on the second and last syllable.

LovingPrettyThings said...

I found this vase a few years ago from Gumps (such a fab store...!) and was so thrilled to pull it out today for some tulips! I just googled "gumps tuliperie" and up came your blog. I can't wait to read more!