Friday, May 12, 2006

I like Brooks Brothers? Really?

Oh the shame! I was joking with a friend this afternoon about picking up the perfect outfit at Brooks Brothers for an upcoming wedding. He's the type that if I saw him wearing a double breasted blue blazer, I would die laughing. Before closing the site, I decided to peek around. Here's where it gets scary...I actually like some of their clothes! Am I secretly turning into a republican?! Do I have a summer home in Nantucket that I don't know about?! See for yourself:
  • Pleated seesucker skirt - In pink or blue, this could be nice with a pair of pumps, a cute top, white headband and a white leather bag.
  • Madras dress - I may like it in an ironic way, but I still like it.
  • Pearl drop earrings - They're nice, right?!
  • Chunky turtleneck sweater - Everyone knows turtlenecks are my weakness, epecially in white cableknit. Imagine it at the beach with rolled up jeans and a glass of wine.
  • Pajamas - White pajamas with pink striping, embroidery and a matching case? You're killing me!
Darn you Brooks Brothers! Why do you have to have such alluring affordable preppy clothes and scarf tying tutorials. I will resist! I will use this photo to remind myself that it is wrong. I will not move to the Marina! I will not take up golf!

1 comment:

NAPOLEƓN DE NOTTING HILL said...

Brooks brothers seesucker jackets are great.I like from this brand the size variety. In general his summer suits in navy and in khaki are very nice.