- The only thing worse than serving jury duty is being put on jury duty standby. I had to talk to that bossy voicemail system more than ten times this week.
- Baking almost 100 cupcakes in one night is surprisingly easy.
- Cobb salad! One of the best foods on the planet.
- Cheesy summer television shows are lovely (and extremely formulaic, where do they find all these crabby brits?) ! I love Hasselhoff!
- When you host 12 ladies for a cupcake decorating party everyone will have fun but very few will actually admit to planning on eating their besprinkled creations.
- "Besprinkled" is my new favorite word!
- San Francisco's normally charming hills become death hikes when the temperature passes 80 degrees.
- Pride week! Rock on fabulous San Francisco gays!
- The Grand Cafe is a fun place to have breakfast.
- Giving directions to confused tourists is a good deed and a good test of your bus/train knowledge.
- Don't ever, ever eat chips and salsa on the bus.
- An effective defensive move for kickball shortstops: jump around with your arms over your head and yell "kick it to me." It's very distracting to your opponents.
- Two bikinis, two books, two pairs of pants and two sweaters is all you need for a weekend at the beach in Santa Cruz.
- Don't forget about free public transportation on Spare the Air days this summer.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Urban Girl Almanac
It's been another busy week in San Francisco. The last few days were full of fabulous weather, fun parties and a few challenges. Here's what I learned: