Thursday, June 29, 2006

When in Rome?

Hayfork beckons and I am trying to decide if taking my old pair of Justin cowboy boots is a good idea.

I bought these boots in high school when I had a massive crush on the president of FFA and delusions that I would make a great cowgirl. I think I may have even bought them at Farm Supply. Simply growing up in a town where there is a store called "Farm Supply" is pretty amazing. As for my cowgirl aspirations...let's just say they were misguided. I am a fairly good rider, but couldn't be called "rustic" by any sense of the word.

So the boots...The downside is that they are hot, require knee socks and take up a lot of packing room. The upside is that they are very area-appropriate and may help take the edge off of the absurd designer-jeans-and-DVF wardrobe I have planned. What do you think?

5 comments:

MissScientistSF said...

Heck ya, when else would you get to wear them around here? I think they would be fabulous with the DVF dress too :) Take lotsa pics!

Anonymous said...

Me too...you should definetely take them. Who did you have a crush on? Braden Todaro? Or was it Sean...

:)Nicole

MissEm said...

Braden, thank you very much. I'm glad that that embarrasing period is now Google-ready!

Anonymous said...

i beat you too it and just googled him. i think he works for the San Francisco Coast Guard? maybe you should look him up.

MissEm said...

Stop it, Nicole! You are search engine optimizing my embarrassing high school memories!

Need I remind you of a gentleman named Frank with which you were once acquainted?