- Black Turtleneck - Perfect for staying warm on cold planes and for blending in with New Yorkers when I arrive. This is cashmere for $93.
- White Pants - Comfortable as jeans but more stylish. $89.
- Jean Jacket - It can get really cold on those planes. This denim jacket can be used as a pillow without wrinkling. $36.
- Flat Shoes - Easy to remove for x-rays and comfy for hauling around the terminals.
- Prada Portfolio - My presentations demand to travel in style. Ha! Yeah right, I am really taking my beat up Kenneth Cole bag. $704.
- Hermes Scarf - This scarf design includes the names of countries around the world and their distance from Paris. How much more appropriate can you get? $256.
- Watch - To keep track of my schedule.
- New Yorker - A must have on any sort of trip.
- Rosebud Salve - I was so worried when lipsticks were originally banned, I can't fly without this stuff. Great for keeping your lips protected against dry plane air. $5.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
What to wear: Flying to New York
I leave for New York tomorrow morning. I always try to dress up a bit for plane trips. Even with all the new travel restrictions, there is still something fun about flying. This outfit blends together my travel favorites with a few dream items: