- Dress - A plain black sheath dress is a great modern start to this outfit. It would be even better in a bright color.
- Shoes - These shoes are really the key. Cream leather peep toe with a black bow.
- Purse - Some sort of silly vintage evening bag.
- Bangle - Chunky and black.
- Pearl necklace - My vintage three strand set.
- Hair - A beehive paired with a pearl and crystal hair barrette. The shoes and the barrette are really what you need for this outfit.
- Make-up - Lots of lashes and brows plus nude lip gloss.
Monday, November 13, 2006
What to Wear: 60's Cocktail Party
Oo la la! I've been dreaming of having a sixties cocktail party all day. I think it would be a fun theme for a Christmas dinner with a few friends. Serve up Tom Collins and make all kinds of terrible white-bread-based appetizers. This is what I would wear to that party (or the the Lawrence Welk Show):