I am determined to be brave and go forward with my plan to host a holiday open house for the residents of the eleven other apartments in our building. I'm inviting all those people I studiously avoided in the halls for the last year and a half into my living room. I must be out of my gourd.
Anyway, the party is going to be next Sunday in the afternoon (and it is going to be fabulous). Here's the plan so far:
- Old fashioned Christmas candy - Mini candy canes, ribbon candy and peanut brittle will make a festive display.
- Cookies - Frosted and sprinkled.
- Veggie platter - With a hearty hot artichoke dip in my small chafing dish.
- Finger sandwiches - On rye with radishes will be festive.
- Hot cider & champagne - Two easy options that please anyone.
- Red and white flowers - Roses and white lillies in a silver bowl.
- Name tags? - I'm on the fence with this one. It would certainly be helpful for me and I could grab the names from the mailboxes.
- Music - Holiday classics.