- Sweater - Dark camel is a perfect match for white in the winter.
- White Pants - A must have. Look for a pair that is machine washable and either lined or made of thick enough fabric that it doesn't matter. In other words, a pair from Express or Club Monaco instead of this option.
- Trench - Invest in one of these classic trenches from Banana Republic. I bought one in neutral from them a few years ago. It has a great "heft."
- Shoes - I'm wearing my vintage boots today for extra warmth.
- Purse - Cute and cheap from Urban Outfitters.
- Wool scarf - So very cold outside.
- Silk scarf - For a little color.
- Bracelets - In red and white, perfect for this outfit and for spring.
- Earrings - A fun alternative to pearls.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
What to Wear: Winter White
On a cold, cold day at the end of a cold, cold snap you start to run out of options. Another day in wool pants and a black sweater? Boooring. Switching to winter white always makes me feel a little better about having to be bundled up: