Thursday, February 22, 2007

What to Wear: Visiting San Francisco

Jennifer, a reader from Toronto, wrote in yesterday to ask about outfit suggestions for visiting San Francisco this weekend. I love reader questions!

It's going to be a little drizzly; so comfort and warmth are key. I started with a basic outfit that she can accessorize as she explores the city:
  • Coat - A short pea coat or blazer is a must have layering piece.
  • Sweater - I love the modern cut of this cream sweater from FCUK. It's formal enough with jeans for a restaurant or bar.
  • Jeans - If you're okay with skinny jeans, rock them in SF. If not, wear a nice dark bootcut pair.
  • Flats - Comfortable skimmers for hiking all over the city without killing your feet.
  • Purse - Pick up something bold in an African print from MoAD. Get one big enough to hold a camera, umbrella, map and goodies.
  • Bangles - Buy a matching pair in jade while exploring Chinatown.
  • Sunglasses - For the sunny moments.
  • Scarf - A must have for the cold moments.
  • Headband - For the moments where fog and wind lead to a massive hair freak-out.
I'll be wearing something similar for my own exploration of the city this weekend. The Legion of Honor fine jewelry show (finally) and the Asian Art Museum are on my itinerary.

3 comments:

Sara said...

so cute! love the cropped coat and the headband

love.boxes said...

Headband... a very good idea for SF & I love that bag!

MissScientistSF said...

I am wearing that headband today!! How stylish of me. And it is ridiculously windy so it was a lifesaver :)