It's going to be a little drizzly; so comfort and warmth are key. I started with a basic outfit that she can accessorize as she explores the city:
- Coat - A short pea coat or blazer is a must have layering piece.
- Sweater - I love the modern cut of this cream sweater from FCUK. It's formal enough with jeans for a restaurant or bar.
- Jeans - If you're okay with skinny jeans, rock them in SF. If not, wear a nice dark bootcut pair.
- Flats - Comfortable skimmers for hiking all over the city without killing your feet.
- Purse - Pick up something bold in an African print from MoAD. Get one big enough to hold a camera, umbrella, map and goodies.
- Bangles - Buy a matching pair in jade while exploring Chinatown.
- Sunglasses - For the sunny moments.
- Scarf - A must have for the cold moments.
- Headband - For the moments where fog and wind lead to a massive hair freak-out.