- Watching I Love Lucy in my pajamas, especially the episodes where they visit Hollywood. This used to be a tradition with my sister and cousin when we vacationed in Montecito. They only get funnier each time!
- Cheesy summertime promotions and shows. I love the annual testing of new soda flavors and terrible television programs like "America's Got Talent."
- Catalogs full of people at the beach. J. Crew took it to a new level with their little vacation video clip. Never mind that no one goes to the tropics in June (being that it is 193 degrees this time of year). I still like the concept.
- Corona with lime. Fish tacos. Cantaloupe. Potato salad. Apricots. Turkey subs with lots of vinegar and pickles. Iced coffee. Coconut popsicles. Ice tea with mint. Fresh basil. Bacon and avocado sandwiches.
- Cold foggy mornings that burn off to reveal sunny days.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Things I Love Today: Summertime!
Last weekend brought out so many great summertime memories and traditions. It's starting to really feel like summer thanks to the following: