Friday, June 22, 2007

Things I Love Today: Relish Tray

My parents follow a wonderful routine each night. Everyone convenes in the living room before dinner to read mail, talk and watch the birds in the yard. My dad has a scotch and water. My mom has a glass of wine and usually sits on the sofa frenching green beans or shelling peas.

The centerpiece of this "cocktail hour" is most often a relish tray; a plate with some combination of carrots, celery, cucumber, radishes (with a small dish of salt), green onions, etc. It's such a great way to relax before dinner and a tradition that Rob and I like to follow when we can.

Last night, I made a relish tray with some goodies from the produce market. We sat in the living room drinking small glasses of raspberry lambic and it was so nice to be home!

3 comments:

MissScientistSF said...

Oh man... making me homesick! I want some radishes in salt and the olives from the bottom of Dad's gin and tonic :) Have a great weekend!

love.boxes said...

What a wonderful tradition. I'm going to try that one out. :) Have a great weekend Miss Emily!

At Home with kim vallee said...

This is cute! A double dose of healthiness: one for the body, one for the relationship.