Thursday, July 19, 2007

Inspired: Nantucket Wedding

The guest blogger on Frolic this week has me feeling completely inspired...and at the same time really overwhelmed about my wedding.

Yes, I still have a whopping 443 days to plan. But I feel like I have seen so many amazing wedding ideas recently and have no real vision myself. Well, that's not exactly true. I have a venue and probably a caterer. And a dress (although it needs a good seamstress). And a show.

At times like these, it's nice to take a deep breath and a close look at some of the weddings I love. Like this yellow Nantucket wedding and its red and white cousin from Artfool that were featured on Frolic today. They're both so simple and wonderful! I can do this!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading that wedding book, one perfect day. I'll send it to you, it's a quick read which I found entertaining.

marga-

ps. thanks for the shout out ;)

MissEm said...

Perfect! You need to come visit soon :)

Ace P. said...

hey - just wanted to let you know I found a fabulous seamstress here in SF, Julie Ireland (I swear I'm not affiliated with her in every way). She exudes kindness and competence. Just a lovely person. Check her out on yelp for further confirmation. I just had my first dress fitting with her yesterday and she's a total doll.

I'm going to email you soon for help with a cover-up for my dress if you would be so kind...

Ace

Chelsea said...

Yes you can:)! You have great taste and I can't wait to see it translated to your wedding.

wedding supplies said...

you'll be fine. try to enjoy the experience. the really great thing will be that you will have this blog as a diary. I wish I had that for mine

Katie said...

You can totally handle it.

My advice (totally unasked for) is make a choice and go with it. It will drive you crazy if you keep switching ideas around.

MissEm said...

Katie - I've found the same thing to be true, although hard to put into practice! Forward momentum is key!

Ace - Awesome lead!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Emily I am sooo excited for you! Your choices are so classy and elegant! I cannot wait to see everything unfold!

Emily from Duluth =)