- I'm so glad that the post office still gives stamps in wax envelopes.
- Why do sandwiches taste so good. I think it's the pickles.
- Everyone in the city dresses cutely when it's warm.
- My new hair salon is lovely.
- Plans for the LAC anniversary party are coming along.
- I'm surprised to discover that I really enjoy playing music. Playing bass guitar with Rob leaves me feeling almost euphoric. A far different experience than my junior high clarinet career.
- I have a talent for picking sweet honeydew.
- A big salad with mushrooms, carrots, pistachios and cheddar cheese is an ideal summer dinner.
- Live Sushi isn't much to write home about.
- A good blowout is an incredible thing.
- Negative people are a drag.
- Wedding planning: I'm in the process of choosing a caterer and finding a seamstress for my dress.
- Cities are all about change. New restaurants, stores and friends arrive. And, unfortunately, they also leave. I'm so sad that Ben and Stacey are moving away.
- I wish I could move up to being a certifiable V1 boulderer.
- I'm kind of obsessed with the Mandy Moore song "All Good Things." And Sara Bareilles' "Love Song" has been stuck in my head for a couple days.
- Rob's noted that I've been hyper this week. It's true and has led to some funny moments. Must be all the sun.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Urban Girl Almanac: Summer!
This has been a really busy, fun week. Work has been nuts and San Francisco has finally hit summer. The city is in full bloom! Here's what I learned: