Monday, September 24, 2007

Weekend Round-Up: Fall Follies

Even by my crazy standards, this was a jam-packed weekend. Nicole arrived in the city at 5:30, just as it started to rain (so much for my prediction that the storm had passed). We drove home and finished the last of the party prep. LAC guests arrived at 7:00. After drinks and food, we got down to the business of embroidery:

I think our neighbor across the back drive thought we were nuts! Who has a sewing bee on a Friday night in the city? Everyone's towels came out very well. Here's mine:

We had hot cider, it made it feel so much like fall. The party wrapped up before 10. Rob came home from his bachelor evening and we spent some time catching up before bed.

Up bright and early at 8am on Saturday. Rob headed off to his NERT class. Now raining quite hard, Nicole and I went to breakfast at Muddy Waters. We missed the bus by half a block and ended up taking a cab to Nordstrom rack instead. There, she found a white coat and a pair of flats. I raked it in with a DVF dress, a pair of Joe's Jeans and two pairs of flats.

Off to Macy's in another cab at 10:30. We started in the shoe section and thankfully ran into Calie (I forgot my cell and had planned to page her in the store). Together, we shopped five floors and enjoyed lunch in the basement:

I bought another dress, a pair of shoes, tights, bras and another pair of jeans. Completely worn out, we took the train home at 4:30. Nicole drove home shortly thereafter. I took advantage of the "guest bed" in the living room for an afternoon nap. Dinner of salad, watermelon, manchego and crackers.

Another cold, overcast day greeted us Sunday morning. At 9am, we took our laundry to the laundromat, grabbed a paper and had breakfast at Crepevine. We got a call about engagement photos while waiting for the clothes to dry. The plan was to meet the couple at Crissy Fields but the bridge was completely socked in fog and mist. So we moved the shoot to the newly renovated Palace of Fine Arts. The photos were a breeze despite the cold.

We finished in about an hour and drove straight from there to the Park Chalet. This atrium is the perfect place for lunch on a cold day. Rob and I shared a ham & asparagus pizza and a caramel apple.

After lunch, we walked over to the archery field for a few rounds. By now, the sun was starting to peek through the clouds and the weather was warming up.

We drove back home at 3:30. Rob ran some errands and I went for a pedicure. Back at home at 5:00, Peter called to invite us over for a BBQ at 6. We did a quick clean up and walked over to their house. It was great to catch up with Pete and hear the latest stories from his band, Scissors for Lefty. Herb chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, parmesan carrots and a really good bottle of 2003 Justin syrah.

A nice end to a nice, and long, weekend!


MissScientistSF said...

Cute, those look like my fishy napkins. Glad you had a good weekend.

ashlynn said...

Fun LAC night!