Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Party Recipe: Halloween Dinner

I'm finally getting around to planning the menu for tomorrow's Halloween/birthday party. Here is the plan:
Meat and Cheese Platter - I wish I had time to run to ferry building for some goodies, maybe I'll walk to the neighborhood cheese market instead.
Pumpkin Seeds - I'll give them a quick roast in the oven and a little seasoning.
Cocktails - I'll come up with something red/orange and fruity and give it a cute name. I will not carve tiny faces into green olives.
"Decomposed" Salad - Thanks Kitchen Therapy!
Vegetarian Chili - My own recipe is close to this. I'll add fresh jalepenos and kidney beans. A buffet of toppings (cheese, sour cream, cilantro, olives, corn chips) on the side.
Cheddar Corn Bread - Recipe from Williams-Sonoma.
Caramel Lady Apples - A mini version of the classic recipe.
Pumpkin Pie - I might just buy one at the store ;)
Tonight, we'll clean the house and get it ready for the housekeeper, make the flower arrangements, cook the vegetarian chili, count out dishes, iron napkins and get everything set for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Janet said...

It's a bit early in the season on the east coast to find blood oranges, but perhaps where you are you might be in luck. I think the color might be just what you are looking for to add to your cocktails, plus as a garnish, they would be great!

Jessica said...

Yay for entertaining!

hyb said...

that menu looks yummy! i second janet's recommendation of blood oranges. it is a bit too early for the fruit, but there is plenty of blood orange juice or italian soda to add to your cocktails.

100 Percent Cottam said...

sounds absolutely fantastic! have a great party!