The next morning was a bit of a blur as we prepared for the wedding in our one bedroom apartment full with five people. Somehow, we managed to shower, polish silver and have a breakfast of blueberry pancakes before leaving at 10:30. My cousin's wedding in Sausalito was lovely and it was nice to see so many relatives. After the wedding, we went back to my parent's B&B on Guerrero to relax and share a pizza.
We left for Inverness on Saturday morning. Jean, in training for a marathon, ran from our house to Sausalito where we picked her up and proceeded north. My brother, Joe, and his son were already at the house on top of the hill when we arrived.
This vacation house was just absolutely lovely and perfect. A huge living and dining room centered around a wood burning stove. 180 degree views down the hill of the estuary and rolling hills. Our three days in the woods consisted of:
- Reading - At least a full novel each.
- Enjoying the fire - Rob loved chopping wood for the old stove.
- Hiking - On Drake's Beach and along the Inverness Ridge Trail behind the house.
- Cooking - Spaghetti, omelets, popcorn, pomegranates, oysters.
- Drinking - Coffee, cocoa, lots of good red wine & beer.
- Communing with nature - We discovered the glories of pine needle tea and homemade cougar spears.
- Hot tubbing - In that red tub with the great view.
You can see the rest of my photos from Tomales Bay here (Warning, they're mostly of the road to the house since my camera ran out of battery shortly thereafter)