Thursday, November 01, 2007

Party Round-Up

Last night was so fun! I left the office early and was hit by a flash of Martha-inspiration to "haunt" the house. Using black construction paper, I made masks or mustaches for all the portraits in the house. I replaced all our books on display with "scary" titles. Spooked up the bathroom, the front door, etc. The place looked so cute by the time guests were arriving.











The wine-soaked cheese was a big hit, as was Frankenstein-chili with choice of 10 toppings. A couple people said that chili and cornbread was a Halloween tradition in their families, how fun! We finished it off with caramel apples and a really good carrot cake from Trader Joe's.









We gave out coke-bottle glasses from Target as favors and for excellent photo opportunities. You can see all my photos from the party online here.

9 comments:

Julia said...

Love how you "spooked" the house! very creative. I also love your blog and am a faithful everyday reader. Can you let me know the paint color yellow you used on the walls in the photos? I am in the process of working on a new house and think that color might work in our hallway. Thank you!

love.boxes said...

Wow! What a fun night!... with so many great ideas!

MissEm said...

It's Caraway Seed (top) and Grassland (bottom) satin paint from Ace hardware!

Jill said...

your house is beautiful!

Calie Anderson, C.I.D. said...

What a fun night. We had a lovely time!

Chelsea said...

Fun! Your place is cute.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you really throw quite a party! sounds perfect!

Amber said...

You truly are the best party host - we felt like we enjoyed a night in Town and Country city style.

Thank you!!

Julia said...

Thank you Emily! I will let you know if those paint colors work!