Nicole is ready to fly out this afternoon and I'm following her tomorrow morning. We'll all be in Paris by Sunday! A last minute check of the weather report shows a drop in temperature. It looks like we're in for 40's to 20's instead of 60's to 40's like last week. Time to switch out some of my lighter layers for warmer sweaters.
In case you're bored while I'm away, I've come up with ten suggested francophile activities for EmilyStyle readers:
1. Watch. French movie marathon. Rent Amelie, Gigi and an American in Paris.
2. Sketch - Tap into your creative side with the purchase of a Paris sketchbook.
3. Cook - French onion soup. Mmmm...a perfect warm and hearty recipe for a fall night.
4. Relax - With a lavender candle or bubble bath.
5. Shop - From La Redoute for inexpensive styles straight from France.
6. Wear - All black a la Audrey in Funny Face.
7. Craft - Make those holiday honeycomb candles that are a tradition in France.
8. Listen - To Serge Gainsbourg and Carla Bruni.
9. Drink - French 75 cocktails. One of my favorites!
10. Read - Hotel Bemelmans, a delightful illustrated book by the creator of Madeline.