The process of registering was fun. A fancy Gump's employee followed us around with a clipboard while we selected what we wanted. And they gave me a white journal to take home. I have a feeling our total registry was a bit smaller than most of the super-richies that register there, but it works for our small wedding and I already have a lot of inherited silver.
Since our items are more expensive than the average Bed, Bath and Beyond registry, we broke up most sets to be sold as individual pieces. There are a lot of things on our list in the $40 to $80 range. Some people may end up giving us a single fork for the wedding, but it will be a fork that we'll cherish. I hate it when you feel that your wedding gift is just going to be returned for cash.
Here's what is on our list:
- 12 5-piece settings of Royal Limoges porcelain in Reve Bleu (dishwasher and microwave safe!). I recently discovered that this company is famous for making hotel china in France since 1797, so it should be durable.
- 12 Reve Bleu soup/pasta bowls
- 1 large Reve Bleu platter
- 10 5-piece settings of Lunt sterling tableware in the Homes pattern, sold as individual pieces. It is a sweet, early American design.
- 2 6-piece sets of Dubost enamel-handle steak knives
- 1 adorable oval pewter bread basket
- 2 over-the-top silver candelabras that come apart to make three different candlestick options