Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wedding Wednesday: Shower Idea

I'm throwing a shower this August for a friend who is getting married a few weeks before us. This will be my first and I'm excited. The bride is outdoorsy and casual. I haven't planned out a full theme yet but that hasn't stopped me from brainstorming.

I loved that vintage French wedding invitation featuring orange blossoms, a classic bridal symbol. It inspired me to think about a citrus shower. I already have orange table runners and white linens. It would be so easy to get oranges and lemons to use as decorations.

There are some more citrus ideas here.

7 comments:

MissScientistSF said...

amy? are you a bridesmaid? where are they getting married?

MissEm said...

Leslie (of Bill and Leslie). She used to live in the Bay Area so I figured she had a good group she could invite. Their wedding is in Tahoe.

Seth and Amy's wedding is in November in Sacramento. I offered her a shower too, but no dice.

You're online an awful lot today? Working on a big project?

Stephanie said...

I saw that there are wreaths for sale at Williams Sonoma that are surprisingly affordable: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/srch/index.cfm?words=wreath

MissScientistSF said...

committee meeting tomorrow. i have been at my desk forever... and reading blogs is much more enticing than articles after a while. not sure if i know Leslie. looks like an awesome shower!

love.boxes said...

What a gorgeous combination of colors.

Jessica said...

This reminds me of the yellow themed baby shower that Jordan threw, some good ideas there too.

I love all your ideas, I wish I had a shower to throw!

swell.life said...

mmm, am loving these ideas! a friend of mine was planning a wedding with grapefruits in the mix. either way, fruit is definitely an elegant, fun, inexpensive way to decorate!!