- Lead climbing at the gym is much more tiring than regular climbing.
- Flower arranging with a bunch of women is so fun.
- Pesto pasta always seems to smell better than it tastes.
- I only have three good outfits for when it is warm.
- There's been a produce explosion this week. All the sudden there are delicious tomatoes, artichokes, strawberries and corn. I can't wait for the stone fruit to arrive.
- Regardless of your feelings for the yellow dress, you have to admit it looks pretty darn cute on my sister.
- Seriously, if this heat continues I might take to sleeping on the fire escape like that couple in Rear Window.
- Why is it that the one thing you want to wear is always the one thing you can't find in your closet or laundry hamper? Which comes first: the wanting or the missing?
- There was a huge street party in the Castro last night to celebrate. We could hear the cheering from home, seven blocks away.
- I think the weather beat me again today. My wide belt seemed like a good idea, but became an instrument of torture once it was over 80 degrees at my desk.
- LOST! I'm sad that I'm going to miss the finale next week when flying to NY.
- I want to go to the movies tonight for the free AC.
- This week's San Francisco art is from Chantal deFelice via Etsy.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Urban Girl Almanac: Too Darn Hot
This heatwave has me walking slower, taking it easy and getting less done. I feel like I'm going to start talking with a southern drawl if it keeps up. Nothing like the frenetic pace that normally comes with our brisk NorCal weather. Here's what I learned this week: