Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things I Love Today: Jazz-Age Lawn Party

If you read the Sartorialist, you were probably wondering this week: "What is a Jazz-Age Lawn Party and how can I get one?" I was intrigued.

Every June, the Dreamland Orchestra holds an outdoor concert and event that includes dancing contests, croquet and a pie baking challenge. It looks like a free event aside from the ferry you to take to Governors Island. Love it in concept and in execution. I found more photos of the event on Flickr and a video clip of people dancing.

There's a similar event in England in August at a beautiful estate that includes a proper English tea on the lawn.

If I had any sort of lawn to my name, I would host my own Jazz-Age Lawn Party in a second. I don't know anything about dancing the Charleston, but I have the beanpole figure and taste for champagne punch!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oohhhhh, this is the type of thing that the ear doctor and I LOVE doing, especially since we swing dance.


A few years ago we went to the USO new years dance on one of the battleships anchored in San Fran. It was AWESOME!

Sharon said...

thanks for clarifying that up for me. i was enjoying the pics on the Sater. but i didn't think to ask

Jessica said...

The Charleston is the one dance I can do!

love.boxes said...

I adore the long strands of beads too! :)