- Going home after work is overrated? I haven't been home before 7:30 any day this week. Two trips to the gym, one LAC party, six bars and restaurants. I'm tired.
- The Patrice Wedding Fund received a few more donations and passed the $100 mark. Well done everyone!
- $4-for-3 peonies from Safeway are one of the great joys of summer.
- The internet somehow knows just exactly the right time to deliver a wonderful note or a thoughtful gift when you're feeling down.
- I still haven't put the bedroom all the way back together. Hopefully this weekend.
- I'm very happy with my skills as a climber right now.
- Minor cosmetic dental procedures aren't too bad. I had some enamel added to the back of my somewhat-translucent front teeth. It didn't take that long and looks natural.
- I confess, I'm addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I love cheesy summer TV.
- This week's painting of clearer skies in the city is from Heidi Wyckoff.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Urban Girl Almanac: Smoked Emily
Ugg...all this smoke is starting to get annoying. 1,100 wildfires in California have rendered the city's normally crisp air into a thick pudding of smoke and ash. Yuck. Aside from smoke inhalation, here's what I learned this week: