Thursday, July 10, 2008

To Do: Shower Invitations

I'm happy with the way my shower invitations turned out last night. Random weeknight craft projects are fun!

I made the design using a stock illustration of the San Francisco skyline and a Futura font for the text. Then printed it in black and white, made a photocopy on the old carbon machine they thankfully still have at Safeway and created a Gocco screen. The final result was ten invitations and a bunch of extra materials that I can use for placecards and a menu card.

I liked the design so much that I covered the red lettering and ran an extra six to serve as notecards. I'm going to offer them to my friend Nicole to use as moving announcements.

9 comments:

Laura Lucille said...

Great idea and fabulous shade of green. Love gocco!

Babbi's World said...

pretty! just wondering..did you send save the dates?? if you did, how'd u make those??

MissEm said...

I used Pingg to send an electronic save-the-date for the shower last month.

For my own wedding save-the-dates, I had them letterpressed.

ashlynn said...

great job!

Cheaping Girls said...

What size of cards are these printed on? I have trouble printin on my Gocco anything larger than 3x5. After that, the edges don't get "picked up" on the screen. Have you ever had this problem?

Anonymous said...

Anyone know if you can still buy a Gocco. There seems to be a wait at many places... Emily, where did you get yours?

MissEm said...

I bought mine from a private seller. PaperSource has them with a wait.

future Mrs. Jones said...

Super cute shower invitations. I have no idea what gocco is but, I'll be googling to figure it out.

Julie said...

Very cool! Love the invitations!