- How to throw a successful bridal shower (whoa, that was last weekend? This has been one looong week)
- Wedding dress fittings are fun.
- More packages should come wrapped in brown paper.
- Being locked out of your apartment for an hour in the city isn't so bad. You just walk or visit a cafe while you wait for keys to show up.
- Rob's the best. When I came home from a bad day and said "This day could not get any worse!" he replied "I'm here, so it can only get better."
- Although I can be very bossy, I've found that I don't enjoy telling large groups of people (like wedding participants) what to do.
- It was so cold this week. However, I got to wear a velvet blazer and a turtleneck and it reminded me how much I like the fall.
- Linocut prints are lovely.
- Only 43 days until the wedding.
- Impromptu Mexican dinner parties involving impromptu ukulele singalongs are the best way to spend a Thursday night.
- This week's San Francisco art is a linocut print of a billboard that used to be in the Mission by bradleyralphrobinson.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Urban Girl Almanac: Sabers!
My life has just entered a new phase of awesomeness with the delivery of a Laguiole Champagne Saber from my sister and her boyfriend. Rob and I are going to spend the weekend dramatically sabraging champagne bottles! Here's what I learned this week: