Thursday, December 04, 2008

Coveting: Giant Archival Albums

Did your grandparents have those gigantic albums, the kind that you could fit a full newspaper page?

I'm considering one of those for our wedding album. We have so many photos and cards and scraps of paper from the wedding. I'm thinking a hodge podge on each page might be a fun way to share our story. I would also make a "cheat" book with just a few of our favorite shots for people who don't want to see the whole shebang.

I haven't been able to find one yet that is book-bound instead of posts. This one is a little too big probably.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Light Impressions (www.lightimpressionsdirect.com) is a good source for things like this. Good luck, I think it's a great idea!

MrsEm said...

I agree, that catalog used to have the best albums with black paper pages!

Susan said...

Have you seen Martha's at Michael's? I could not imagine lifting it once full....it's not online, but it literally comes up past my knees! (I'm short, but still...)

Anne said...

Have fun doing your wedding scrapbook! It is a great time. I'm glad you are doing one, you will cherish it.

Anonymous said...

Check out Aspinal of London! I did our wedding album using their linen book cloth album. I also used the smaller ones for parents albums and transferred the image from our programs onto the cover.