Sunday, July 05, 2009

Weekend Round-Up: Nothing

That's right, I haven't done anything at all in several days. My brilliant plan to take a few days off in between jobs was thwarted by a very bad cold. I barely got in a few errands and a dinner party during the whole week.

Adding insult to injury, my illness only got worse as the week progressed. Rob took me on a lovely architectural walking tour downtown on Friday for a few hours, but I spent the rest of the weekend in bed; watching countless dvd rentals, reading several books and trying different combinations of medicines. I can't remember the last time I was this sick...and in July to boot.

My new job starts tomorrow and, despite now having bronchitis, I'm starting to feel human again. I think I'll take a few days off to focus on work and recovery. Talk to you later this week!

10 comments:

DawnMarie said...

Feel better soon. Good luck with the new job.

Meghan said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Good luck on your first day!

Anna said...

Feel better soon. I once started a job with pneumonia. You can and will do it well, as with everything you do.

MrsEm said...

Pneumonia?! That's impressive.

Amanda said...

I hope it's a *lovely* new job. Feel better!

Kelly said...

Positive new work vibes! Feel better!

Amber said...

Ick - so sorry to hear you were sick! And we're sad we missed you - we'll do a dinner catch-up soon. Hope the first day went great!

Anne said...

feel better!

ApronStringsMusings said...

Being sick in the summer is the worst! I hope it hasn't been too hot for you. Good luck with your new job.

miche_sf said...

Sounds like what I had a few weeks ago...and my husband and other friends as well. It's a real doozy - and long-lasting! I was sick for a good 10 days, and there are some lingering effects on my sense of smell...ugh! It's definitely going around. Take care!