Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Round-Up: 'Tis the Season

This was one dynamo of a weekend! We kicked things off with two company Christmas parties on Friday night. First, Rob's company celebrated at Bacar. We only managed to get through wine, appetizers and a calamari frisee salad before having to dash across town in a cab for my company's event at Rosewood. My boss dressed up as Santa to pass out holiday presents:













We danced the night away after the gifts and speeches - Margaret arrived after her party finished. I have the unfortunate habit of believing I'm excellent at the "robot" when tipsy...so that was fun! Cab home around midnight. We had a pot of chamomile tea, made Margaret a bed in the living room and called it a night.

Up the next morning fairly early. Margaret and I walked up the street for some pastries and a badly needed pedicure. At 11, Rob and I dropped her off at the train and dashed around the city looking at apartments. We found a great loft in SOMA, applied and held our breath. The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home and writing Christmas cards.

Up early on Sunday morning with a very full day of Christmas shopping ahead. I met up with Margaret in San Mateo in the morning and we went straight to the stores. I found some excellent gifts to round out my list. Back home at 5:00 loaded with bags, I spent the evening wrapping gifts.

And *fingers crossed* it sounds like we were approved for the new apartment. I'll really miss our little Duboce Triangle place, but this new loft comes with peace and quiet, a dishwasher, private patio, washer and dryer...we may never have to go to the laundromat again!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like a full, fun weekend. My fingers are crossed for you! A terrace and washer/dryer are such luxuries when you live in the city.

jordan said...

I want to hear about your apartment. It sounds like a dream!

MissScientistSF said...

awesome news about the apartment. where is it? when do you move?

Meghan said...

Congrats on the new place! You are going to be spoiled now that you'll have a laundry room and dishwasher. :)