Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Party Recipe: Book Baby Shower Invites


I'm pleased with how the baby shower invites turned out last weekend. Perfect for my librarian cousin who prefers things less frilly.

I used A2 gravel note cards and white enclosure envelopes that were on sale. The black text was printed on Gocco (note, you have to cut down the cards just a bit to make them work). Each card was personalized using type stamps and green ink pad. I wrote a personal note inside with more details of the party.

If you want the Photoshop template for the library-inspired invitation, just email me and I'll be happy to send it along.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I work in a library also, and this is a great idea for any party for a bibliophile! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Oh, they're adorable! Such a nice job, Em.

genevieve said...

Emily! Genius! So creative.

http://www.lilyspruce.com/blog

Holly said...

I got the cutest baby onesie at Giant Robot in the Haight. It says "Future Librarian" on it. I can't find it online but this is the adult version. Would be adorable with your theme.

http://secure.giantrobot.com/products.php?code=FUTURELIBRTEE

Social Couture said...

These are just too cute. So creative! Thank you for sharing...I am always looking for new inspiration.

Rebecca said...

My sister is throwing me a baby shower and used your library invites and I absolutely love them! Our nursery theme is "classic children's books" so this was perfect for me. Thanks for letting her use the template! I'll be posting a picture of them on my blog soon and I'll be sure to give you credit for them.

www.ShutUpDuffy.blogspot.com