1. Dolores Park Movie Night - Take advantage of San Francisco's late summer with a free movies in the park.
2. Conservatory of Flowers - Visit the beautiful victorian greenhouse gardens for free every 1st Tuesday of the month.
3. Secret Slides - Several small parks in the city are equipped with terrifying-fast, wonderfully-fun cement slides. Try your hand at Seward and Bernal.
4. San Francisco Public Library - There are 27 branches in the city (plus more bookmobiles), most with a theme to match the neighborhood.
5. City Walks - Affiliated with the library, this group leads as many as 20 volunteer led historical walks in the city each day. Wear sneakers!
6. Stern Grove - A beautiful park that is a hidden redwood forest in the south end of town. It fills up with a free concert series in the summer that has been going since 1938.