Wednesday, May 16, 2012

To Do: Black & White Ball

It's hard to believe the Black & White Ball is only 2 weeks away! It seems like the whole city has gala-fever. Each morning, I pass the Macy's window full of black and white gowns on my walk to work. Last night, Nicole and I went vintage gown shopping on Haight Street and so many people were on the same mission.

My custom-made dress is coming together nicely. I had a fitting last night with the actual satin (the one previously was a prototype in oh-so-lovely orange-striped muslin). Here's a sneak preview:





































There's still a good amount of finishing work to be done with my next two fittings, but it's coming together! I think I'll have my hair done in a slightly-retro updo.  Diamond starburst earrings, silver slippers. Do you think I should wear long black gloves?

5 comments:

Towely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Towely said...

Any excuse to wear long gloves!

Jessica said...

Definitely yes on the gloves.

Jean said...

Yes, love the long gloves idea. Go for it. Very sixties.

Anonymous said...

I vote yes for the gloves. And please, please wear a hat if only for the grand entry.

Maria