This will be our 5th (?) year at the play and we have it pretty dialed in. Arrive very early, bring plenty of sunblock, the Sunday paper, inflatable sleeping pads & water and nab a spot in the shade.
- Plates- Iconic American china patterns in the convenience of tin plates!
- Spreader - Laguiole brings some extra flair to the picnic cheese.
- Truffle mustard - A favorite guest at several of our annual affairs.
- Roast chicken - Cold roast chicken is the easiest picnic food. I usually buy two at Whole Foods, but this recipe from Australia looks delicious too.
- Bottles - So convenient from Ikea. We pack them filled with mint and lemon and then refill on the mountain.
- Basket - From my dad!
- Bread - Pain epi from Acme bread turns the chicken into little sandwiches.
- Cloth - A vintage printed tablecloth from Etsy for only $14 ties it all together.
- Cakes - Baked right in their own caning jars!