tataki dish served with spicy cucumber handrolls on the side. Our hostess, Haley, has an inspiring selection of asian spices and sauces on stock in her kitchen.
sushi rice was cooking for the handrolls, I made a buttery vinaigrette for the fish:
Lime butter tataki vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Juice from one large lime
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of melted salted butter
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A good amount of salt and pepper to taste
sushi rice, thin slices of cucumber and a spicy sriracha mayonnaise. Plus, a dash of schichimi togarashi on top for color.