To start, I prepared a remake of the opah tataki with lime butter vinaigrette, plus an ahi tuna version with soy wasabi butter. Can you get over the color and richness of that tuna? Finally, made cucumber cups to serve the wasabi poke we picked up at a nearby fish market.
- The Squishy - Ahi tuna, wasabi, spicy mayo, pineapple and maui potato chips. The undefeated champion of the night
- Dublin/Pleasanton Roll - Opah, spinach garlic hummus, cucumber, curly kale and macadamia nuts. I predict kale in sushi as the next big thing!
- Donut Roll - Ahi tuna, avocado, green onion and soy wasabi butter sauce
- Maka Roll- Ahi tuna, cucumber, avocado with furikake and maui potato chip coating
- Ahi Nigiri - With a pickled slice of onion from the lime tataki sauce on top
- Spicy Opah Roll - Opah belly, cucumber, spicy mayo and avocado (in Dutch, "Opah" means "grandfather")