- Tee - A basic v-neck tee from Old Navy for $7. I love this dark blue heather.
- Tank - A layering tank top in beach-glass mint green for $21.
- Dress - This striped maxi dress is flowy and lovely. It's $233 but you can find similar dresses on sale everywhere.
- Jeans - Are you even allowed to stay at the beach without a pair of white jeans?
- Bikini - This simple Ted Baker bikini in mint with silver trimmings looks just like sea glass.
- Sandals - Frye leather wedges on sale for $154.
- Sneakers - A french-y pair of classic sneakers in white.
- Towel - A stripey, hand-loomed beach towel from Tom's.
- Shorts - I have just purchased my first ever pair of chino shorts and may be brave enough to bare my chicken legs in them on this trip.
- Scarf - This lightweight dark green scarf would be a perfect match for the dark Monterey pine trees along the coast.
- Sunglasses - An inexpensive pair of silver aviators and a Kindle for lots of beach reading.
- Sunblock - I can't survive outside without SPF 70 from Neutrogena.
- Bag - Throw everything into a lovely, beachy weekender bag for $70. Target also has some adorable options right now.
- Cardigan - A basic lightweight gray cardigan on sale for $60 from J. Crew.
Monday, July 21, 2014
What to Pack: Beach Weekend in Monterey, California
I am counting down the days to a big family weekend at the beach! We are headed to Pacific Grove, just south of Monterey and north of Pebble Beach, to take over two vacation rentals right near the coast. The weather in Monterey can be foggy and cool, especially in the mornings at the coast, and sunnier during the middle of the day into the mid 70's.